Friday, May 14, 2010

TESC113 - If friends were purses ...

Hi Friends! Happy Friday! How are you all doing? Today's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge was really a favorite of mine. I got to use lots of my favorite things -Cuppie, Bo Bunny Double Dot Paper, Purple and PURSES!!! My friends know how much I love purses. I really do!!! I always have since I can remember. My mom said when I was three I used to always walk around with a little black patent leather purse twirling it around. That was until I would wack myself in the face with it. LOL! Purses are well ... just awesome! So for TESC113, I thought what a great way to tell a friend how much I love them with a card saying "If friends were purses, I'd pick you!" They are so chic walking around with some new handbags. Is that a Lady Dior I see? LOL! It all started with this fun purse paper from Karen Foster Design. I used the Downtown Diva stamp set for the main image and colored it with Copics. I adhered some cut out purses from the patterned paper onto white cardstock and then cut them out again. I added some foam tape and popped them up underneath my main image. So fun and I love all the Purple!!! Ready to play along? Well we are ready to see your amazing creations. Taylor is always looking for her Top Crops each week and it could be you! So join us for some sketchy fun!



The Sketch Crew awaits you! Stop on by for a visit and inspiration for this week's challenge. They got some great creations!

Alice Wertz
Jami Sibley
Lisa Hjulberg
Lynn Mercurio
Melissa Sauls
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Lori Craig
and Taylor!!!!

Thanks for visiting and Have a Fantastic Friday!!!

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh what fun! Awesome colors and love the accents. Well done!!!

Jami said...

Wow! Cuppie never looked so chic! I love your take on the sketch! I haven't had that stamp set out in ages...just love what you've done with it!

Sherrie said...

Tres Chic! Love the little shopping scene you created!

~amy~ said...

sooo fun...I have a thing for purses:) Fabbie colors!

Happy Friday!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Rachel! Love the colors, the cute images... great accessories! :o)

Alice said...

this is so adorable, Rachel!! love those cute little handbags!! =)

Alicia said...

Rachel this is so funny I have not dropped by your blog in awhile and what do I see when I pop in but a extremely cute card with the paper I just bought last week. I bought it to make a b-day card for my purse crazed friend thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love love love this Rachel! So clever! And such fun colors!

Hope you are doing well, my friend. Me, I'm so busy I don't know what day it is. Yikes!

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I love the color combo and the purses :) This is such a happy card.

Pam Hornschu said...

Rechel, I love this card. The colors are great, but the images and saying are so great. I just may have to buy these. I have a friend that card would be perfect for.

Office Movers Canoga Park said...

Thhis was a lovely blog post